Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Manicotti Marinara

I have been making this dish for a few years now and my husband always raves about it and even goes so far to say that it is better than most restaurants versions of the dish.  Since I cannot remember where I found this recipe, I do not have a link to it - sorry.  I also love this as it is a basic version, but you can add in extras (spinach, chicken, veggies, etc).

Manicotti Marinara

Ingredients:

Manicotti Shells (I usually use about 6-8 shells so there are leftovers for lunch the next day)

1 jar Emerils Home Style Marinara sauce or your favorite marinara sauce (about 24 oz)

2 large eggs

15 oz ricotta cheese

16 oz shredded mozzarella cheese

1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1 Tbsp parsley

Cooking spray

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cook pasta according to package directions.  Drain.

Spray baking dish with cooking spray.  Spread half of sauce over bottom of dish.

Beat eggs in large bowl.  Stir in ricotta, 3 cups mozzarella, 3/4 cup Parmesan and parsley.  Fill each cooked shell with mixture (I tear the shell length-wise to get it flat so I can spread mixture evenly, then roll it up and place the shell seam-side down in baking dish).

Arrange filled shells in baking dish over sauce.  Top with remaining sauce, 1 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan.  Cover and bake 45 minutes.  Uncover and continue baking 5 minutes more.  Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment