Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Chili

I know I haven't posted any new recipes recently, but I have not forgotten about this site, just haven't found any really good recipes. I have cooked a few other meals, but they were all busts.

Tonight I cooked chili, and although it wasn't one of my favorites, it was pretty good. Just felt like it was missing something. Here is the recipe, I will most likely make this again but first I have to figure out what could give this dish the "wow" factor.

Ingredients:

1/2 lb lean ground beef (I used 1 lb tonight, but will cut it down next time)

2 cups red kidney beans, drained and rinsed

1 can condensed tomato soup

1 soup can water

2-3 tsp chili powder

Shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:

Cook beef over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown, drain. Stir in remaining ingredients, except cheese. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Ladle chili into bowls. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment