Thursday, January 6, 2011

Taco Melts

Ok, so I found this recipe on a free calendar I had requested through Pillsbury a few weeks ago. Didn't think it would be this good of a recipe, but my husband loved it and told me so after the first bite.

Ingredients:

1 package taco seasoning mix

2/3 cup water

1-1/2 cups salsa

1 lb lean ground beef, COOKED, drained (I only use caps on cooked because I made the mistake of overlooking this)

1 can Pillsbury Grands refrigerated biscuits (I used buttermilk)

*3/4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese

*1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

*(OR 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend)

1 cup sour cream, if desired

Directions:

Heat oven to 375 degrees.

In medium saucepan, cook taco seasoning mix, water, 1/2 cup of the salsa and COOKED ground beef until thickened.

Press each biscuit flat, until thinned out. Fill each with taco mixture and 1 tablespoon cheese. Fold dough over filling and press to seal. (I used a fork to seal the edges). Place on greased cookie sheet.

Bake 9-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with remaining salsa, cheese and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment